Thursday, September 25, 2008

Special Night

OH, what a great night!! Our local Christian radio station had a "Great Date Contest". You had to submit what you thought a great date would be or what a great date you had in the past. The winners would receive a pre-screening of the movie Fireproof (by the same people who made Facing the Giants and Flywheel). Kurt submitted one of the special days he planned for me several years ago for our anniversary and we won two tickets to the pre-screening.

What an AWESOME movie!!! I highly recommend this movie, especially if you are married or engaged to be married. Ladies--take your Kleenex, if you are emotional like me you will need them!

Now you may be asking, "I wonder what the Great Date was?" Well, I will tell you if you go see this movie.
Just kidding!!
Our great date. . . on a Friday morning the day started when my alarm went off and Kurt turned it off, kissed me, told me that he would get the kids up for school, to go back to sleep, I did not have to go to work that day (he had called ahead of time and requested the day off--total surprise to me!!) and when I woke up I would have further instructions.
When I woke up there was a rose on his pillow with a note explaining that I had a hair appointment that morning and I should report at a specified time. When I got to the salon there was another rose and a note. After getting my hair done (which Kurt already had paid for, even the tip) I read the next note which told me to go back home for more instructions. At home, another rose and a note saying to go to Victoria's Secret. When I got there, another rose and note were waiting. This note had a gift card in it and told me to enjoy my shopping then go to the jewelry store. There was a rose, note and gift box waiting for me at the jewelry store. Inside the gift box was a lovely anklet and the note told me more instructions were waiting at home.
Another rose and note, this note explained that I would be meeting my husband for dinner at a specific restaurant and what time to be there. I had the rest of the afternoon to do as I pleased. He picked the kids up from school and took them some place fun. In fact, I didn't see him or the kids all day.
At the restaurant he had some more roses for me. We enjoyed a wonderful evening out together without the children.
I will always remember the way he made feel that day!!

2 comments:

Doug and Terrye said...

He's "the man!" What a blessed woman you are!!!

Terrye in FL

P.S. Can't wait for the movie Fireproof

Regina said...

Terrye,
I AM very blessed. Thank you.

The movie is great!! I hope you enjoy it!

Regina