Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Coaching Basketball




I have been so busy these last few months coaching my son's basketball team that I have not had much time to post to my blog. And I also must admit that I am now a Facebook addict. I really like getting on there and catching up with all my friends.

I am really enjoying coaching basketball. I played basketball when I was in elementary school all the way through 10th grade. I enjoyed my time on the court and now I am trying to give back a little bit by coaching. I have really enjoyed getting to know these boys. Of course we have our moments, but overall it has been an awesome experience. I can't wait to do it again next year. We play at the regional tournament this weekend, so pray that we have a good game with no injuries.

Speaking of injuries. . . this happened in January. We were in the third quarter of the game and he and another boy went out of bounds to save the ball. They both fell. He came out of the game briefly and iced it then went back in to play the 4th quarter. It was a rough game so I am thankful that we only had one injury. However, this game was on a Friday evening right before we left for a weekend in the mountains and so we did not find out until Wednesday of the following week that it was broken for sure. He was not happy at all about not being able to play the rest of the season.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

Tough break! Sounds like you are really enjoying your coaching.

Kristin said...

What a major bummer about the broken bone. It is no fun to miss the rest of the season. Been in the same boat with soccer and dance injuries. :-(

I've been figuring out Facebook and having fun!! It's driving my teenagers crazy though. :-)