Friday, April 10, 2009

Home Sweet Home

The children and I just took a "vacation" and went to Pennsylvania and Ohio to visit some of my family. Kurt was not able to go because he had to stay home and work. We were able to stay a week in PA and 3 days in Ohio. It was a very busy trip with lots of friends and family to see. Many of these people my children don't know or don't remember. The last time I was able to visit PA was a year and a half ago and before that it was 5 years. I grew up very close to my family so it makes me very sad that my children don't know them like I do.
I lived in Punxsutawney, PA for the first 19 years of my life and about 75% of my family still live within 30 miles. I feel like it is "home" to me.
We have lived here in North Carolina for 9+ years and it is the only "home" my children remember. It is very strange to me that my "home" is not the same as my children's.

Home is where the heart is and my heart is with Kurt and my children so as long as I am with them I am home, but a small part of my heart will always be in PA.
I know that there will be many "homes" for us and each one brings so many new things to our lives: new friends, new adventures, new challenges, new memories. I don't know how many places I will call home, but I know where my final "home" will be and that one is the most important.

No comments: