Saturday, January 30, 2010

What we have been up to lately.

Okay all, it has been so long since I have posted anything so I thought that I better let you all know that I am alive and well. I will kind of hit the highlights for the last couple of months.
Me: I am an aunt again. My little sister had her baby yesterday. She named her Sophia Anne. She is spending some quality time with her grandpa in the picture below.

I have been helping to coach my son's basketball team. What a joy it is to be involved in his life in this way. I get to see him step up and be a leader for his team. I have also been having quite a difficult time health wise. I seem to be getting sick every few days with different things. Not very fun. In addition to getting sick I have also been having quite a bit of trouble with my knees again. I have to see the doctor on the 12th of February to see what they will do. I have never really had trouble with my right knee, but favoring it for the past few years while I had trouble with the left one has apparently aggravated it. Luckily I don't need my knees to crochet, lol, which is also taking up a lot of my time. I enjoy crocheting in the evenings when the house is quiet. I even sold a few items in my Etsy store!! Okay well I think that about covers my life the last few weeks now on to someone else.
Kurt: my wonderful husband. He is busy, busy, busy. He is still working (we are so very thankful that he has a job) while taking several classes online toward his degree. He seems to have just as much school work as the children some days. He is still searching for a job in South Dakota. His family is there and after visiting in August we decided if he could get a job there we would move. I must say that I am thankful to have one more winter in North Carolina. He has decided not to play baseball this year. He loves it but it is demanding on his time.
C: He is currently playing basketball and preparing for the start of baseball season. He has always had a great love for sports and seems to do well. He was voted as one of the captains by his teammates.

J: He is my assistant in the house. He stays home and takes charge of the house while basketball consumes my time. He is a very responsible young man. He also enjoys his video games.
K: Big news for K is that she is getting baptized tomorrow!! I am so excited for her that she has made this decision. She is growing up so fast. She is still enjoying public school and making new friends.
A: She is really enjoying Kindergarten, although there are some days lately when she asks if she can stay home and home school so she does not have to get up so early. She still loves going to gymnastics once a week. Oh, I almost forgot. She has lost her first two teeth. The two on the bottom. They were ready to come out since the grown up teeth were already half way in behind them.
Well I think that about covers everything that has been happening lately.

No comments: