Monday, September 20, 2010

Moving Stinks!!!!!

I guess I should have said trying to sell a house right now STINKS!!! Especially when you still have to live in the house until you get it sold.
Every time the phone rings one side of me thinks, "OH PLEASE let it be someone who wants to see the house." Then the other side of me, the side that has to turn into a crazy women to get the house prepared for a showing, says, "OH PLEASE don't let them come right now!"
The house has been on the market since May and we have not had many showings. It is so frustrating!! Half of our "stuff" has been packed away in boxes in the garage. We rarely leave the house because we might miss a call about a showing. I feel like I am being held hostage in this house that I once loved and am beginning to hate because we can't sell it. And to top it all off Kurt has been in South Dakota working at his new job since May so I don't even have him here to share in the frustration. Not that it is not frustrating for him, I know it is. It is just different.
I want to decorate for fall but I really can't. First everything is packed away and then I can't have too much clutter around the house.
Thank you all for listening to me vent. I am just having a difficult time right now. I long to sell this house so that the actual moving can begin. I look forward to the day that we are all moved into a new home in SD and can begin the next chapter of our lives. I know that God has a plan and a purpose for us to still be her in NC, I just wish that I could be in on it.
; )

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I totally understand your frustration. When we moved from PA to GA, my husband left in August while we stayed behind to sell the house. I finally couldn't take it any more around Thanksgiving so we left the house empty and moved. It is so hard. I hope you get a contract soon!