Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Boxes, Boxes Everywhere!

Well, things are definitely chaotic around here. There are boxes everywhere you look. There is no turning back now. We are finally moving.
Yesterday was a rough day for me. We were not as prepared for the packers as we thought we were. There were three of them and they were all business. They came in and got to work. I was not prepared for how quick they were. I had a few moments of feeling very overwhelmed by the task at hand.
You see, because we will be staying in a temporary house for as long as it takes us to sell our house here in NC, we are taking certain items with us in a small moving truck and the movers are taking everything else to storage. So I was trying to hurry and separate the things that we would need so the packers would not pack it. There were a few moments where I just wanted to find my cat and sit and cuddle her instead of dealing with anything having to do with moving.

In our effort to de-clutter the house for showings we boxed up a lot of stuff and stored it in the garage. The packers packed everything that was left inside the house in one day. They showed up ready to work!! I was impressed. They are back today to repack what was in the garage and to inventory everything. Then the movers will be here tomorrow to load everything and store it until we need it.

No comments: