Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 9 in South Dakota

Today has not been the greatest day. Yesterday my step-mom sent me a text to let me know that my dad was admitted to the hospital again. He had been in the hospital about three weeks ago with pulmonary embolisms, so I am very worried about him.
This morning the neighbor's horses came up behind the house we are staying in, these are not the horses we have been visiting, but a different neighbor's horses. One of the children let the dog out unleashed and he started to run along the fence barking at the horses. When he returned to the house he was limping badly. I had to look online for a vet that I could take him to. We were lucky to find a nice vet that could fit us in as a walk in. He did not limp as badly while we were at the vet so they are not sure what he may have done, but gave us some pain medicine for him just in case. This evening he is limping pretty badly. I feel so bad for him. So now we must make sure that he is leashed anytime the horses are out behind the house.
The day did end better. We took the kids to youth group at church. They were having a parent meeting tonight to let the parents know about upcoming events, so we got to stay and socialize a little with some more people from the church. It will take some time to get to know everyone.
Now we are home and relaxing. My knees are hurting quite a bit. I have an appointment for next Tuesday to get some referrals. Hopefully I will not have to wait long to get some relief. Hoping for a better day tomorrow.

No comments: