Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 30 in South Dakota

I can't believe we have been here a month already.
Today I went to physical therapy again for my knees. They tell me there is nothing I can do to get rid of the arthritis (duh) but we can try to strengthen the muscles in my legs to help support the knees. This is not the first time I have heard this, certainly not my first time going to PT, but the pain in my knees is so much more intense now than when I went before. When I stop to think how much worse my knees are now than they were just a year ago I am disheartened. If the pain continues to increase at this rate I wonder how I will be getting around next year.
This evening the older three children went to church, so Kurt, A and I took a walk around the 20 acres of property the house we are staying in sits on. It was so nice to get out and explore a little bit. It definitely showed me how out of shape I really am.
K and I visited the horses again today. I was rubbing the neck of one of them and somehow shocked him. He certainly did not like that. He trotted away from us and it took us offering him another treat to lure him back. Poor thing.

No comments: