Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 39 in South Dakota

Today Kurt and I met up with our realtor to look at a couple of houses. Our house in NC has still not sold, but I wanted to get an idea of what is available in the area. The first house we looked at would be a definite possibility except the price is a bit high for my comfort. I really didn't care for the layout of the second house. I am not sure if I will keep looking or just wait until our house sells. There is no telling how much longer that will be. I don't want to fall in love with a certain house only to have it sell before we are ready to buy.
After that we went to the commissary. That is one chore I really don't enjoy. I am glad I only have to do it twice a month.
In the evening Kurt's sister invited Kurt and I to a "Candles and Cocktails" fundraiser that she was hosting. Kurt made it so much more fun with his humor about being one of about three men in a very large room full of women. He was there for his sister so it was good. The candles were a popular home party candle, but not my favorite candle. I love candles. I really love candles. But I guess if I am going to spend money on candles I am kind of picky about the ones I buy. I did buy some to support my sister-in-law. I found a couple scents that I really liked. It was kind of funny that I was asked to host a party. I was like, "I have only lived here a month, who would I invite?"  LOL

No comments: