Sunday, January 1, 2012

Days 274-300 in South Dakota

 Tuesday, December 6th through Sunday, January 1st.
I have definitely had a few firsts while living in South Dakota. I had never heard of freezing fog before, so when Kurt said that the weather man was calling for some I was not looking forward to it. It certainly didn't sound like anything I wanted to experience. But I was surprised to find so much beauty the next morning. The freezing fog had turned everything white. Trees, bushes, fences. . .it was all so pretty. Really the pictures just don't capture the beauty we were fortunate to experience.



 We had a blessed Christmas this year. It was so nice to be able to get together with Kurt's family and spend Christmas day. I ended up getting sick, but I was very happy that the children were all healthy and happy. The children were looking forward to a white Christmas, but we did not get any snow. So no white Christmas for us this year.


 Each of the children got to play "Santa" and hand out the presents they got for each of us. They just love posing for the camera. LOL



 After all the decorations were put away, we needed to put our pictures back up on the wall. I already had the older three children's baby photos but had not gotten one made of A. As I was getting the picture made I thought about how fortunate we are to have these pictures of A. She was 3 1/2 when she came home to us and it is not uncommon for the children to come to their family with nothing, and I mean absolutely nothing. I am so grateful to the Half the Sky Program that worked in A's orphanage for putting together the memory books that hold the precious photos and memories of her first few years while in China.

No comments: