Friday, July 29, 2011

Days 141 - 143 in South Dakota

This week has been busy with things to get ready for my SIL's wedding. Tuesday I spoke with her and she had so many things going on that I don't know how she is still sane. : )  I also picked up my nieces and nephew for the night. This is the last week I will be able to pick up my nephew, he will be returning to his home in Texas on Saturday. We will see him again at Christmastime.
Wednesday I took the children home and ran some errands. On the way home I had to pull over because it was storming and started to hail. Once the hail let up and I started on my way I drove through an area where there was about 4 inches of accumulated hail on the road. I have never seen anything like that in my life. It was crazy.
Thursday was a day of running children to work, gymnastics, dropping papers off at the realtor, etc. I also realized I had a 5 inch crack in my windshield. Not a happy camper about that one. We also found out that the army will not be able to deliver our household goods until the 29th of August. We close on our house on the 17th of August. I am trying to look at this as a good thing even though it is a bit disappointing that we have to wait so long.

No comments: