Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day 6 in South Dakota

Today was a great day. Although I am very tired from the time change, I had a wonderful day.
We got up this morning and went to church. I met a lot of people. I know that it will take me some time to remember everyone's names. The children all liked the church. A told me this morning that she missed our old church. I was feeling the same thing. I do miss our old church very much. The friends I made there are very special to me. But I am sure the friends I make here will be special too.
We went out to lunch, then came back home. Kurt's brother and his family came over this afternoon. I can not explain what it means to me to have family live close enough to come visit whenever they want. When I was growing up I don't remember ever having very many visitors at my home. My parents were divorced when I was young so whenever I would visit with my dad's family I always had to go to their houses. My mom's family for whatever reason didn't come to my house much, we always went to visit them. As an adult I married Kurt and moved away and have not lived close enough to my family for any kind of regular visits. It probably sounds silly to most people and a lot of people probably take their family for granted. But for me family is one of the most important things in my life and I couldn't be happier to finally live near some (even if it is Kurt's side of the family).
After our visitors left we had dinner then Kurt, J, K, A and I walked across the road to see the horses. Now we are just relaxing watching a movie together. Thank you, Lord, for another wonderful day.

No comments: