Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 44 in South Dakota=New Goal

The weather was pretty nice today. All of the snow is gone and it was pretty warm outside.
K went with me to PT today so that we could go Easter dress shopping afterward. I bought A an Easter dress a few weeks ago, but K and I needed to look for something. I think that I may have worn a dress maybe twice in the last two years. I just don't wear dresses anymore. I thought that it might be nice to have a new dress to wear to church on Easter Sunday. So we went to the first store. I didn't find anything to even try on. This should have been my first clue that this wasn't going to go well. K tried on several pretty dresses but didn't find anything that she felt comfortable in.
Off to the second store we went. I picked out about five dresses that I thought might look okay. I would not be seen in public in any of them. Talk about a fast way to get depressed about your weight. I felt terrible after I tried on those dresses. I did buy something new to wear to church but I was still quite depressed about the whole dress issue.
When Kurt and I were at the gym on Tuesday I told him I wanted to be healthier in my 40's than I was in my 30's. But that is a little ways off so I set a new goal that will take me 1 year. My new goal is that I will find a dress that fits well and looks nice next year for Easter. In order for that to happen I need to loose weight and get in shape. I think it is perfectly reasonable to plan to loose at least 70 pounds in the next year.
So there you have it. A new day=a new goal. Next year you will see a picture of me in my new Easter dress.

No comments: