Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Day 166 in South Dakota = Our 18th Anniversary!!!

Sunday was our 18th Anniversary. I look back and really can't believe how time has flown by. I know that everyone says that, but sometimes it really is true. Kurt and I had a small wedding. Mostly just my family and a couple really close friends. Kurt's mom, sister, and two brothers were the only ones there from his side of the family. We were married in my grandma and grandpa Adams' church. It is a small church in the country. Then we had a nice reception at a local hall. Nothing big and fancy, but then again we are not fancy people. It was wonderful just the way it was.

We celebrated our anniversary earlier in the week. Kurt took me to see The Help. What a great movie. We laughed a lot, but it also had such a great message. I would recommend it to everyone. Kurt took the children to the fair after church and I got to stay home and have a relaxing afternoon. I was able to read and it was so peaceful. I would have to say that I got the better end of the deal.
Today is also the anniversary of Kurt's mom's passing. She passed away in 2006 of cancer. There are days when I so wish that she where still with us. She was a really good grandma.

No comments: