Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Days 188 -195 in South Dakota

Monday started out a very "normal" day. I took the children to school, came home, did some chores, picked the children up after school, and made dinner. After dinner C went with some of his friends to the nearby skate park. A little while later his friends brought him home. He had fallen off his skateboard and hit his head pretty hard. He was dazed and was repeating himself. I took him to the ER and sure enough he had a moderate concussion. It was a pretty scary experience. I am so thankful it was not more serious.
Tuesday through Friday were pretty average days. There were a few days of 40 degree weather. It was pretty chilly. I don't know how we will survive the winter with the complaints about 40 degrees. : )
Saturday was spent just hanging around the house. Kurt has been working on finishing C's room. It is a work in progress and will hopefully be done in the next couple of weeks.
Sunday was a good day. After church we went out for lunch, then back home to get some things done before Kurt and I went to our new small group bible study. There were only 4 of us there so it is definitely a small group. Hopefully we will pick up a few more in the next week or two. The study itself is really quite interesting and I am really looking forward to it.
Monday was another good day. Monday night we had a lot of wind. I mean a lot of wind. I can not get over the wind here. It is another thing I will have to get used to living in South Dakota. : )

No comments: