Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Days 182 -187 in South Dakota

Last Tuesday through Thursday were pretty "normal", whatever that is. Just trying to finish up getting the house together. Friday was a bit busy, gymnastics for A after school, then we had Kurt's sister and her girls over for pizza. I also had set aside some things I didn't need anymore from my time of homeschooling for her to look through. It was nice to see how excited she was to get some new things. Some things she had been looking for and had not been able to find so I was glad that I had it for her. We also went over to look at my BIL's new house. They had a house built just up the road from where we now live.
Saturday morning I got up and K and I went to an auction that our moving company was having. I got a few things. A couple of boxes. You are not allowed to open them before you bid so you get what you get if you bid on a box. Some boxes have good stuff, some have trash and that is just what I got. A few good things and some trash. I was not entirely disappointed. I feel like I at least got my moneys worth.
Sunday was a day of remembrance. Church was good as usual. I served in the children's department then was able to attend church. The afternoon was spent hanging pictures. It took Kurt and I all afternoon to get all the "stuff" hung up. In the evening our church was showing a documentary about the anniversary of 9/11/01. It was a very good documentary although it is hard to really sit and think about the devastation that happened that day.
New York City Police Officer Danny Shea, a military vet, salutes at the north pool of the 9/11 Memorial during the 10th anniversary ceremonies of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks at the World Trade Center site Sept. 11, 2011, in New York City. (David Handschuh-Pool/Getty Images)

No comments: